1 week past the halfway mark, almost 2 weeks without booze. I’m feeling somewhat stronger. Strangely, I’m always sleepy after my exercise. That’s enough to crash out for half an hour max.
Anyone knows why? I’d love to hear to from you.
My friend asked me about my Lizard Crawl exercise. It’s essentially crawling around on the ground like a lizard. I first learnt this in my MMA classes and found that it was a great full body workout for a very short amount of time. For anyone who doesn’t know how to do it, here it is, courtesy of YouTube.
Bone Dry Days: 11 (since 12 Feb)
Bet Days: 9/60 (since 14 Feb)
Front Day: Dropped 1 Reverse Lunge to compensate for increased poundage. Ran all the way through and gotten somewhat faster, although I’ve taken quite a number of rests (15 to 30 sec) in between my slope runs.
Back Days: Single arm rows are a killer. It took everything out of my forearms until I couldn’t do any pull ups. Still doing 4 sets within 12 minutes. It feels easier strangely. I need to up the tempo.
Starting to plateau in my workouts, so I’m adding single-limb workouts. I’ve also included an Extended Front Plank where I use a stretched out version of the Plank. It works my lats and abs harder than the usual Plank. Side Planks remain as is.
- +1 to Standard & Inclined Push Ups (16 X; 14 X)
- +1 to Reverse Lunge set (6 X)
- Drop Average rest to 10 sec
- +3 to Inclined Inverted Rows (10 X)
Dates: 21-22 Feb
Front DayExercises (3 Sets)
- 10 X Squats
- 15 X Standard Push Ups; 13 X Inclined Push Ups
- 5 X Reverse Lunge with Shoulder Presses
- 10 X Bicep Curls to Arnold Presses
- 15 X Single Leg Calf Raises (+10 Double Leg Calf Raises)
- 10 X Lunge
- 2.5 km + Slope Running (4x 0.38 km)
Timing: 36:37; Total: 4.02 km; Speed: 6.63 km/h; Ave rest: 20 sec
- 2 min of Skipping Rope
Back Day12 mins; 4 sets
- 6 X Lizard Crawls (4 X to and fro)
- 10 X Straight-leg Deadlifts
- 5 X Rear Lunge to High Knee (per leg)
- 10 X Single-leg Deadlifts
- 10 X Shrugs
- 10 X Back Rows
Unweighted (4 sets)
- 7 X Inclined Inverted Rows; 5 X Single-arm Inverted Rows
- 13 X Inclined Push ups
- 3 X Pull Ups
- Planks: side (30 sec) & extended front (25 sec)
- 5 X Ab wheel mod (use a smooth cloth on a smooth surface)
- Single leg bridge (15 sec Ea)