Feb 9, 2011

Week 3.5

Shaved 1 second off my run, added 1 to my Lizard Crawl; dropped 5 from Rear Lunge to High Knee (because it’s really a mobilisation exercise).
I did it faster and better this week. It felt easier.
My next goals:
  • Run continuously instead of taking short walking breaks in between. But damn, it’s not going to be easy.
  • +1 to Lizard Crawl
  • +1 to Pull Ups
  • +2 to Push Ups
  • +1 to Rear Lunges with Shoulder Presses
In other news, I’ve got a little twitch in my right inner hip abductor. It’s probably the result of doing those rear lunges. It worries me, and I’ll be incorporating stretches into my nights.
I’m thinking of buying 5kg weights to add on to my dumbbells. I know I’ve talked about joined a gym but at my current poundage, I’m lifting too light for the gym to be of any use.
In the meantime, I leave you with Deadliftz and Squatz. Which one do you prefer?
image

Training Routines

Front Day

Exercises (3 Sets)
Weight: 13.5kg/side
  1. 10 X Squats
  2. 20 X Push Ups
  3. 5 X Reverse Lunge with Shoulder Press
  4. 10 X Bicep Curls to Arnold Presses
  5. 10 X Single Leg Calf Raises (+10 Double Leg Calf Raises)
Run
  1. 2.4 km + Slope Running (4x); Timing: 35:06

Back Day

10 min set
  1. 6 X Lizard Crawls (4 X to and fro)
  2. 10 X Straight-leg Deadlifts
  3. 5 X Rear Lunge to High Knee (per leg)
Exercises (3 Sets)
Weight: 13.5kg/side
  1. 10 X Single-leg Deadlifts
  2. 10 X Shrugs
  3. 10 X Inverted Rows (4 sets)
  4. 10 X Push ups (4 sets)
  5. 2 X Pull Up (4 Sets)

Nightly

3 sets
  1. Planks: side & front (30 sec)
  2. Single leg bridge (15 sec Ea)
  3. Stretches

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails