Mar 20, 2011

Week 9: Back to the Army

It’s back to the army for the next two weeks.

Surprisingly it’s not as bad as I thought it’d be. After all, it’s just the army and camping out in the open Open-mouthed smile. But that just means that I’ve to bring my work to camp to do. Most of which are just blog posts and a covering letter for interviews. 

Bone Dry Days: 35 (since 12 Feb)
Bet Days: 33/60 (since 14 Feb)

Achievements

Front Day: Combined squats with Arnold presses to get a full body workout. Also I wanted to try it out to save time on sessions for next week. Doubled my isometric weights to see if I can take it (yes I can). I’m still breaking up my workouts over the day and exercising bit by bit. 

Back Day: Pain and soreness in the back of knee again. I’m sticking to double leg workouts and stopping lunges for now.

Running Day:  Slow!

Goals

Dates: 21-22 Mar

It entirely revolves around double lower-limbed exercises. Keeping the weights as is until I’m comfortable with it. Need to work harder on core and hamstrings.

Training Routines

Dates: 17-19 Mar

Front Day

Exercises (3 Sets)
Weight: 18.5 kg/side

  1. 10 X Squats with Arnold Presses
  2. 5 X Reverse Lunge with Shoulder Presses

Weight: 18.5 kg/side

  1. Isometric Lunges (30 sec)
  2. Isometric Sumo Squats (30 sec)

Unweighted

  1. 20 X Standard; 18 X Inclined Push Ups

Back Day

4 sets 

  1. 10 X Straight-leg Deadlifts
  2. 10 X 2-armed Dumbell Snatch 
Exercises (3 Sets)
Weight: 18.5 kg/side
  1. 10 X Shrugs + hold for 10 counts on last rep
  2. 10 X Back Rows + hold for 10 counts on last rep
Unweighted (4 sets)
  1. 10 X Inclined Inverted Rows;  6 X Single-arm Inverted Rows + hold for 10 counts on last rep
  2. 18 X Inclined Push Ups  
  3. 3+6 X Pull Ups

Runs

  1. 2.5 km + 5kg runs (2 X)
    Timing: 20:29; Total: 2.5 km; Speed: 7.32 km/h; Ave rest: 0 sec
  2. 2 min of Skipping Rope

Nightly

3 sets
  1. Planks: side & front & back (30 sec)
  2. Stretches

KIV

  1. 15 X Single Leg Calf Raises (+10 Double Leg Calf Raises)
  2. Slope Running (4x 0.38 km)
  3. 10 X Single-leg Deadlifts  (18.5kg)

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails