Feb 12, 2010

Man gives away his fortune to be happy

Ex-millionaire Karl Rabeder gave away his entire fortune to be happy. Now he’s back to being a pauper.

alg_karl_rabeder 

His reasons are…

"For a long time I believed that more wealth and luxury automatically meant more happiness," he said. "I come from a very poor family where the rules were to work more to achieve more material things, and I applied this for many years," said Mr Rabeder.

"More and more I heard the words: ‘Stop what you are doing now – all this luxury and consumerism – and start your real life’," he said. "I had the feeling I was working as a slave for things that I did not wish for or need. I have the feeling that there are lot of people doing the same thing."

I’m hearing more of these “millionaire gives away fortune to be happy” stories recently. Are they really jaded by their luxe living? Or they just nostalgic for the good ol’ days when beans were luxury items? Isn’t there a way to balance having money and still being happy? Geez… what’s happyness?

Whatever the case, I can’t help but wonder: “Will Karl Rabeder be happy when he’s starving and cold?”

Source: Neatorama

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails