May 22, 2011

My First Attempt at Making Bread

Kinda Fail…

I just took a bunch of ingredients and squashed them all together. I figured that I’d screw up the first time anyways. But at least I’d have used the convection oven more than once. The resulting mess (see below) is really crunchy on the outside and doughy on the inside – like an overcooked savoury biscuit.

SNC00467

Ingredients

  • 2 sift-full of bread flour
  • 1 sift-full of wholemeal flour
  • 2 tablespoons of cane sugar
  • 1 tablespoon of salt
  • 1 tablespoon of yeast
  • 1 cup of water

Preparation

  1. Mix all. Leave it for 30 minutes.
  2. Knead a bit.
  3. Chuck into a greased baking pan (Note to self: Get a smaller pan)
  4. 30 minutes at 230 degrees.

To Change

  1. Use a baking pan
  2. I think the mixing was off.
  3. Knead more!

SNC00465

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails