Damage to my knee wasn’t as bad as I thought it’d be. All praise the knee sleeve that compressed and held my knee together.
Image from Smallbites
It’s just a matter of easing back into my routines with a stability focus. But it really sucked being out the picture just when I was about to crack 20 kg (which I did over the weekend anyways).
That brings me to my next point…
What to Do When Injured
- RICE (Rest; Ice; Compress; Elevate) the injury. It helps to bring down the swelling. Any swelling is natural, but you can’t start healing until it goes down.
- Try active recovery (basically limb mobilisation) to keep the injured area limber and mobile.
- Eat well, but not too much. After all, you’re pretty much out of it until you’ve recovered.
- Stay off booze. It’ll numb the pain but too much interferes with the healing.
- Sleep as much as you can. Most healing occurs when you’re asleep.
- Keep your spirits up. It sucks being in pain, but you don’t have to compound it by being depressed. Watching a funny movie, hang out with friends, get laid. Whatever makes you happy.
- Be patient. You will eventually get better.
Bone Dry Days: 58 (since 12 Feb)
Bet Days: 56/60 (since 14 Feb)
Pressing 20 kg for upper body workouts now! Woot!
Front Day: Completed.
Back Day: Done. Deadlifts were a go.
Running Day: KIVed.
Dates: 12-13 Apr
- +20 sec to single-leg Isometric squats
- +10 sec, +20 kg to Isometric Squats (40 sec; 20kg)
- +1 to Pull Ups (7 X)
- +10 sec to Planks
Training RoutinesDates: 9 – 10 Apr
Exercises (3 Sets)
Weight: 20 kg/side
- 10 X Shoulder Presses
- 10 X Isometric Squats (30 sec)
- 24 X Standard; 22 X Inclined Push Ups
Back DayExercises (3 Sets)
- 10 X Straight-leg Deadlifts
- 10 X Shrugs + hold for 10 counts on last rep
- 6 X Pull Ups
- 10 X Single-arm Inverted Rows + hold for 10 counts on last rep
- Isometric holds (15 sec)
- 5kg walk (1.25 km)
Timing: ??:??; Total: 1.25 km; Speed: ??.?? km/h; Ave rest: 0 sec
- 2.5 km (KIV)
Timing: 20:0; Total: 2.5 km; Speed: 7.5 km/h; Ave rest: 0 sec
- 2 min of Skipping Rope
- Planks: side & front & back (30 sec)
- 15 X Single Leg Calf Raises (+10 Double Leg Calf Raises)
- 10 X Single-leg Deadlifts (18.5kg)
- 10 X Inclined Inverted Rows
- 10 X Back Rows + hold for 10 counts on last rep
- Slope Runs (2x 0.38 km)