Jun 10, 2010

Kampong Glam: My First Times...

Almost everything about Singapore's Kampong Glam has been hashed and rehashed in travel guidebooks. They do a better job at explaining the history behind each monument.

But I thought I'd show you a personal side to the area.


View Kampong Glam: My First Times... in a larger map

Namely, my first times in Kampong Glam -- from when I first inhaled the flavoured Shisha tobacco to spa pamperings and a case of dark Bak Kut Teh (Klang style obviously).

Whenever possible I tried to recreate the same situations in my photos, but time has bulldozed and changed many places and memories. But the facts still remain: these are my first times, and no one can take them away from me.

Feel free to use the photos, but please give me credit (Edwin Tam) and link back to my Twitter account @skybe077.

Notes: Crank Arm Steady and Klang-styled Bak Kut Teh belong to their owners: Crank Arm Steady & Justeatla.blogspot.com. This map and longer writeups appeared in CNNGo's article on Kampong Glam.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails