May 30, 2010

Kim’s Family Restaurant: Ugh

I’ve heard a lot about Kim’s Family Restaurant from the media such as Real Deal for a Good Meal, and food bloggers. They’ve gushed over it, loved their bibimbap and whatever else.

I’m just not as sold upon this place as they are.

Kim’s Family Restaurant failed on two counts: one, rice was served cold (even after I’ve requested a change). Two, the bulgogi tasted stale, like it was left out before it was reheated again…and again.

Dinner Set

Perhaps it’s a dinner set thing. Perhaps there’s just not as much care going into it as the ala-carte items. As far as I’m concerned, it was money down the drain for that day.

The best part about this restaurant is the decor. Quirky, cute and scrawled upon ala Island Creamery. It might have been different if I went with more people. But really, I doubt it.

Kim's Family restaurant

Now…where can I find a Korean Restaurant that serves up a balanced dish of Yuk Hwe and keeps their rice hot?

Starters

Where: Kim’s Family Restaurant
17 Lorong Kilat #01-06
Singapore 598139
Tel: +65 6465 0535

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts with Thumbnails