Aug 5, 2011

Week 2.0: Mr Injury Prone

And so I got injured again. My back gave out from doing Core exercises (ironically).

For two days, I penguin-waded from point A to point B. In fact, it got so painful that I had to brace my abs just to stand…without moving at all.

“A massage,” I thought “It’d do me wonders.”

Oh it did. But not without more pain.

It was one of the most jaw-clenching, fist-grasping, scream-like-a-little-girl massage that I’ve ever had. The masseuse, a slender wisp of a girl, hit all the pain spots without much effort.

The next day, I ached. I was sore like I’d been through the grinder. But oddly enough, 24 hours after my massage, my strained back muscles subsided to a whisper. And my shoulder doesn’t hurt as much as before.

Now that’s remedy!

Achievements

Pylometrics: Done

Core: Done

Bodyweight: Done

Run: Done

Cycle: Nope

Goals

Dates: 2-4 Aug
  • Maintain current numbers.
  • Everything went south because of my injuries.

Training Routines

Dates: 2-4 Aug

Core

3 Sets
  1. 12 X Lower abs
  2. 12 X Side to Side
  3. 6 X 5-sec one leg marches
  4. 12 X Crunches (Ball)
  5. 32 sec Bridges (Ball)
  6. 32 sec Lay-outs

Pylometrics

Exercises (3 Sets)

  1. 10 X Squat to Jumps
  2. 10 X One-Two Hops
  3. 10 X Spilt Squat Shuffle
  4. 10 X Mountain Climber
  5. 30 X Single Ankle hops
Others
  1. 10 X Shoots
  2. 10X Roundhouse kicks

Bodyweight

Exercises (3 Sets)

  1. 10 X Squats
  2. 6 X Single-leg Squats (-4)
  3. 10 X Lunges
  4. 15 X Single Leg Calf Raises
  5. 10 X Push ups
  6. 5 X Shoulder Presses
  7. 10 X Inverted Rows

    Runs/Bicycle

    1. Run (2.4 km) 
      Timing: 24:00; Speed: ??.?? km/h
    2. Cycle: 4 X 4.4km (13.2km)
      Timing: ??:00; Fastest Speed: ?? km/h; Ave Speed: ?? km/h

    KIV

    1. Slope Runs (3x 0.38 km)
    2. 15 X Single Leg Calf Raises (+10 Double Leg Calf Raises)
    3. Single-leg Isometric Deadlifts
    4. Single-leg Isometric Squats
    5. Isometric Squats

    No comments:

    Post a Comment



    Related Posts with Thumbnails